‘How To Install Solar’ book
Solar energy may be free, abundant and renewable but solar power is not. The money needed to generate the latter is quite the opposite. If you do not plan carefully, you may end up paying more than what utility power would have cost. The solar power options for escaping frequent power cuts can be quite different from the ones for eliminating or reducing the electricity bill. If you know what to choose, then a home solar power installation will be easy enough that you can do it yourself. However, it will not be so simple that anyone can do it. A lead-acid battery stores so much energy that if not handled properly it can maim or kill a person. Did you know that a 100-AH lead-acid battery can only provide 50 AH of backup power! Solar panels generate very high amperes of current that they pose an unusual fire hazard that conventional fire-fighting techniques are useless or counter-productive. In a home with a solar power system, all family members will have to be briefed about its usage, maintenance and safety. The usage system will have to change during rainy season. There is quite a lot to learn and remember. That is where this richly illustrated book can help. Even though it has been specifically written for Indian home owners and electricians, anyone can read this book and understand what it has to say.
|Paperback (full-colour)||Amazon USA||$11|
How To Install Solar provides:
- an easy introduction to home electrical and solar power systems
- affordable solar power options for home-owners
- important information to be aware of before and after installing solar power
- steps for installing
- a cheap DC power system using a solar charge controller that can
- cost less than ₹6000
- run light loads such as DC lights or a DC fan
- an affordable AC power backup system using a solar inverter that can
- cost less than ₹30,000
- run selected AC loads directly on solar power
- provide a few hours' backup during power cuts
- an extensive FAQs section based on online posts/reviews published by solar power users
The paperback is a full-colour book and is extensively illustrated with drawings and tables.
NOTE: The ebook is available in the Kindle Unlimited program. Subscribers can read it for free. The paperback is printed in the UK and has not been listed in the Amazon India site yet.
This low-resolution watermarked but fully functional PDF has a few sample pages from the book. You can review the PDF before your purchase.