How To Invest In Stocks
A plain-English guide to investing in the stockmarket
The first edition of this book (written in 2003) was about investing in the Indian stockmarket but it remained popular around the world. This was because it:
was, as the cover says, a plain-English guide to investing in the stockmarket. It assumed that you did not know anything about stocks, company law, finance or commerce.
- had some useful 'extra' information that you will not find in any investment book and no business school will teach you. Mere textbook knowledge about stockmarkets will not help you much. Markets are influenced by news and information (there is a difference). You need to know how to interpret the news with historical context.
While this completely revised second edition retains this original premise, it also has a global focus, updated information and new chapters.
DISCLAIMER: Although this book does show how to buy/sell stocks online, the stock trading provider you finally choose will have the best guide to their service. This book has a broader perspective.
- Target: Anyone interested in investing in the stockmarket
- Pages: 94
- Published in: January 2021
- BUYER BEWARE:
- My paperbacks are not printed in India and have to be imported by third-party sellers on Amazon's non-US sites. DO NOT buy my paperbacks at inflated prices from these sellers. Buy directly from Amazon or not buy at all.
- You can pay Indian rupees to purchase my paperbacks at reasonable rates from BookDepository.com (an Amazon subsidiary in UK, no international shipping charges) and BooksWagon.com (a New Delhi-based importer and an Amazon third-party seller).
Format Store Price Paperback Amazon $9 eBook Amazon $4
Download first-edition ebook
If you are unable to buy the second edition, you can download this free PDF ebook of the first edition. It is a bit outdated but it has the basics covered in very simple English.
Here is one reader's comment, for the first edition, that is:
I recently came across your eBook "How to Invest In Stocks", and just wanted to let you know I think it is a very well written introduction into the markets!
Although your book obviously in tune with your home market in India, it still works very well for any market around the world (I work in both UK and France). I wish I had come across your paper many years ago! It's a great read..
Subscribe to my newsletter
The details are mentioned in my email newsletter blogpost. Full/sample PDF ebooks of several books are listed in it. You do not have to subscribe to download them. However, if you do subscribe, you get a FREE 200-puzzle combined ebook version of my World of Word Ladders books.