World Of Word Ladders
::: by Ólafía L. Óla :::
Improve your kids' thinking ability, spelling skills and vocabulary
A word ladder has a diagram of a ladder with a word on both the first and last rung. The blanks on the middle rungs are for you to complete.
- One and only one letter needs to change in each blank rung of the ladder so that the first word is transformed into the last word.
Your words CANNOT be
- a proper noun (name of people, places and such),
- abbreviation (short forms), or
- words of foreign, dialectal, slang or colloquial origin. Words that have gone native are all right.
This book series has two paperback volumes. Each volume has an almost equal split in the number of three-letter and four-letter word ladders.
|Volume 1 (paperback)||Amazon||$5.50|
|Volume 2 (paperback)||Amazon||$5.50|
These purchase links are also available at this easy-to-remember link:
- Puzzles: 100 (in each volume)
- Target: Ages 6 and above
- You can go through this word ladder book several times. Just use a pencil and eraser.
- Next to each word ladder is its solution. The solution is obscured to protect the challenge. You may need to use a hand lens to decipher it.
- There is a glossary of obscure words at the end of the book for your reference.
- This book is not just for kids. Adults can have fun too. In fact, some of the puzzles can only be solved by grownups.
Free PDF Sample: This sample is a low-resolution watermarked PDF but it is fully functional.
- Other children's books: